Saturday 2 January 2010

Dharm

Swami Vivekananda said, "By the study of different RELIGIONS we find that in essence they are one."

I found this idol of Ganesh very interesting. The fact that Ganesh whose usually with his Modak and a chooha is in Natraj's shoes got me throughly puzzled!


He loves playing dress up.

And again.


In Islam, we believe in One divine power, One God. In Hinduism, they believe in One God again, but worship different manifestations/avatars/roops of the same. In Christianity, they too believe in one supreme energy. I'm concentrating on these three religions because I'm a little ignorant and my surroundings which I was brought up in had only people from these three religious backgrounds in it. So, as I was saying, if all the religions are concentrating on one subject, then, WHY THE HATE, people? WHY?!




Was a tad bit too weird to pray (Islamic way!) in a Puja room with Ganesh, Shiva, Krishna and Radha staring at you from head to toe wondering what the hell you're upto. Well, I guess they should know, they've been here far more time than I was. And, also seen all of our little world's great wars on religious matters. Those wars should have done the world some good at least by ways of enlightenment!


Jai Santoshi Maa! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment